Hello world!
...or hello to everyone who reads my blogs.
Hi mom! :)
Well this will officially be my last Sunday night blog from the East Coast. I fly home next Saturday...quite late...I will attempt to post a blog from the airport about this next week.
The boys and I had a nice week together. The boys got their library cards so we were able to bring books and movies home to enjoy. Alex was also able to play on the computers in the Children's section. He loves doing that! There's one game that has you paint a picture...it seems to be his favorite. Michael and I wander through the picture books and I read to him while Alex plays. One day I asked Alex if he liked playing on the computers and he said, "I wasn't playing, I was emailing!"
Alex officially has the movie "Alvin & the Chipmunks" memorized. His favorite part is when Alvin says, "major rock stars!" And if you've never seen the movie you'll have no clue what I'm talking about right now.
One day while I was sitting on the couch the boys took two wet wipes and tried to rub off my tattoo...cuz my foot was dirty. To their frustration it just wouldn't come off! Funny how that works.
They also took almost every toy from their playroom in the basement and put it into their Thomas-the-train-play-tent-thing. I asked Alex why they were moving everything and he informed me that they were trying to hide from the giraffes. I learned about Alex's fear of giraffes.
One day I tried to get the boys to take a nap...and Michael really wasn't wanting to take a nap this day. But alas! after two headbutts and an elbow to the nose he was out! In the battle of child versus sleep, thank goodness sleep mostly wins.
Today we made our way over to Camden Yards to watch the Orioles play the Red Sox. It was so much fun! I do love me some baseball. I was the burnt, sweaty blonde in the second row third base side. We ended up going to the suite where Jim's business friends were...and wow! Never been in a suite before...it was pretty cool! Alex kept putting his fingers in his mouth and screaming...it took me a second to realize that he was "whistling." Michael had a fun time wandering around...he's a two year old who is very interested in everything! The boys were able to go into a bounce house and eat baseball park hot dogs...the best in my opinion! A church near the ballpark had a sign that said "May God bless the O's, and maybe the Sox, but those yankees--Lord, forgive us our thoughts."
A few Alex quotes:
He and I were hitting a ball back and forth and he missed it and said "woopsiedaisy!" Now he says it cuz it cracks me up so much. It reminds me of Hugh Grant's character in "Notting Hill."
Tonight at dinner he asked Elizabeth what happened to the "dinner carpets"--meaning the place mats. Pretty cute.
Until next week...
shells