Hello from Virginia!
The movers arrived on Monday to start unloading the "moving mack." They worked Monday and Tuesday to get everything in the house, and Elizabeth and Jim have been working through the week to get boxes emptied and the house put together. It's coming along...it's been quite a process.
The boys and I have been on many adventures...I've been trying to get them excited about what's around here. The park is a much closer walk here than the one in Westborough was. It used to take about twenty minutes to walk to the park, now it's less than ten. We've gone to the park once or twice a day all week. The boys LOVE to swing on the swings. The local library is also about a block away. The boys enjoy walking down there and reading in the Children's section. Alex is pretty good with the concept of staying quiet in the Library...we're still working on that with Michael.
One day Alex picked up a phone that isn't working yet and decided to "call" me on my cell phone. He was asking me about all of the things I have at my house, he asked if I have a toaster and a sink and all sorts of stuff. My favorite things he asked me about were a climber (ladder), drinker (refrigerator), and a cooker (oven)...every day I swear there is some cute Alex comment! I've tried to keep track...he's just adorable! For that matter so is Michael...he has such a cute little smile! Often times I can tell by his smile if he's doing something he shouldn't be doing.
We live near Dulles airport...this is really good for Alex's plane addiction. He likes to count how many planes he's seen in a day. There are huge planes, big planes, medium planes, and small planes...huge planes are "Ali planes." Usually we look for airplanes while I push them on the swings at the park.
We've met a few of the neighbors. Michael was running around outside with Alex and he face-planted in the mud...that was fun!
On another note...if you haven't already...you should buy the new Death Cab for Cutie album "Narrow Stairs." It's a great album!
Until next week...
shells