Sunday, April 6, 2008

nanny shelly's diary: week one

So, Wednesday morning I flew into the Boston airport at 5:00 am (2:00 am West Coast time). My plane ride was very interesting...I attempted to get some sleep while being subjected to the very loud music of the teenage girl sitting next to me (not good music for the record). Fortunately upon arrival, I was greeted by three smiling (tired) faces: Elizabeth and Alex and Michael. After retrieving my bags we made our way to the car and on to Westborough, Massachusetts. The boys couldn't wait to show me their toys and get me downstairs (to their playroom) to play baseball. I would write more, but after three hours of sleep I wasn't quite with it...there's not much I remember. Once Jackie (the nanny right before me) arrived I went upstairs to sleep...for a few hours.

I woke up just in time to go to taekwondo with the boys. Alex did all of his kicks and hits...and even though I'm not an expert (or even a person who knows the slightest about taekwondo) in my opinion he was quite good for being four years old.

That night Alex and I sat down (after Michael went to bed) to watch "Peter Pan"...this is the conversation that followed the start of that movie:

Alex: Shelly...you see that girl?
Me: Which one? That one?
Alex: Yeah...Wendy!
Me: Yeah...I see Wendy.
Alex: I like her...I want to cozy her!
Me: (speechless)

"cozy" is the word for cuddle...very very cute...so pass it on!!

While I'm on the topic of different lingo, "fresh" is what you would say to someone who is in a bad mood, i.e.: "Stop being so fresh!" or "Why are you being so fresh?"

I was informed by a guy that I met that I pronouce "Oregon" wrong...my response: I pronouce it wrong! REALLY!? hmmm...that's a new one! :) I did laugh though...but I batched their names too. "Worcester" isn't pronouced 'wor-chest-er' like I thought it would be, it's 'woo-ster'...funny.

Thursday we had to be out of the house for a few hours in the afternoon while it was being inspected. So Jackie took us for a drive...to show me all the crazy-huge-mega-mansions. I was pretty much in awe as we drove through these neighborhoods...in Oregon all these types of homes are in gated communities! We drove by Larry Byrd's old home...it had a huge indoor basketball court that you could see through huge windows on the side. Thursday night I went over to Jackie's house after Elizabeth got home and the boys were in bed. Alex called this "Jackie and Shelly's play-date"...another chuckle that I got. Kids are so cute!

My first week has been great! I miss Oregon...but I love the whole Perrin family! The boys are great fun...and Elizabeth has been great to get to know too. I was able to meet Jim yesterday and he's also great...even though I didn't spend much time with him.

So until next week...be good!


shell