Monday, May 12, 2008

nanny shelly's diary: week six

Before I begin, I want to apologize for not posting yesterday or last Sunday...it's been a lot crazy around here. Secondly, I'd like to say 'Happy Mother's Day' again to my wonderful mom!

These past two weeks have been busy. The movers/packers have been here since this last thursday, which has put both boys on edge. They don't understand the boxes or the movers, and the big "Mac" in the front is quite interesting (Mac is what they call a semi-truck...from the movie cars).

Elizabeth was on a business trip a few weeks ago, so the boys and I "held down the fort" while she was gone. One night as I was making dinner I suddenly heard a loud cry for help. I turned around and saw Michael stuck underneath the table...he had tried to crawl under the legs of the table and got stuck in the process...before I helped him out I couldn't help but laugh at how hilarious the whole situation was.

I also have a few Alex quotes...they've become my favorite thing actually. One day while we were all hanging out he turned to me and said "Michael has a stinky poop that's burning my eyes." I about died! So funny. One lunch I asked him what he wanted to eat and he replied, "chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side." If you aren't familiar with the song "Chicken Noodle Soup" by Webstar & Young B that whole quote wouldn't be funny at all.

My "deep thought" from the past few weeks was comparing the days when a kiss could heal all wounds to now when some wounds run too deep to be healed with a kiss. For Michael, if he has a boo boo all I have to do is kiss it and he's off running around again. Sometimes I wish for those days again.

Today we took Michael in to get his shots up to date. Alex and I heard him screaming from the lobby...really though, who likes getting shots anyway?

Also...Alex and I were searching the internet for photos of animals. I'm pretty sure that one fish I saw was pulled straight out of my nightmares! (shivers) Alex also likes to look at moose photos and guitar photos. He asks to see "big mitars" (upright bass), "little mitars" (ukulele), "Ali mitars" (real guitar), and banjos. He enjoys it when Shelly plays her "mitar" but that only lasts for about five minutes...then he's off on his next adventure.

We've been making due lately with all of the toys that we could hold out of boxes so that the boys can play. We will be living in hotels starting tomorrow night until about Sunday. It's very cold and windy outside at the moment...but hey, we'll be in Virginia by Wednesday!

So...be good until next week.


shells